When it comes to buying homes for sale in South Lake Tahoe, summer seems to be a popular season. While, as a buyer, this may feel like a con, buying a home during the summer time actually has a lot of perks. If you were on the fence with buying in the next few months and postponing, check out our list of why Summer 2019 is a great time to purchase South Lake Tahoe real estate.
- The kids are out of school. If you have a family, this is really helpful as the extended break allows for more flexibility and less pressure trying to make a move by a certain deadline.
- There is more inventory to choose from. There are also more buyers, and therefore competition, looking at homes for sale in South Lake Tahoe. Make sure your South Lake Tahoe Realtor has a clear picture of what it is you are looking for in a home from location, to features to budget. This keeps your from wasting time on South Lake Tahoe homes for sale that really aren’t an option in the long run.
- You get to see homes for sale in South Lake Tahoe in all their glory. During the winter you are dealing with a lot of snow, debris and harsh weather that could be covering a less than desirable feature you wouldn’t know about until everything melted.
- Mortgage rates are projected to increase. Most experts predict that 30 year mortgage rates will increase over the next 12 months. Taking advantage of the low mortgage rates NOW ensures you have more buying power when it comes to purchasing South Lake Tahoe homes for sale. This is important if you have little wiggle room with your budget. The littlest increase could price you out of a home you had your heart set on.
- In addition to mortgage rates rising, home prices will also continue to rise. CoreLogic’s U.S. Home Price Insights states that home prices appreciated 3.7% over the course of the last year. This same report predicts that prices will continue to increase at a rate of 4.8% over the next year. This is for the U.S. as a whole. Your South Lake Tahoe Realtor can give you a custom report for our market, as well as the neighborhoods you are interested in.
For more information on buying South Lake Tahoe homes for sale, feel free to give us a call. We have a South Lake Tahoe Realtor who can discuss the process in detail and provide you with all the facts and helpful tips to get your started on your home buying journey.